Damages You Can Seek After Your Car Accident

If you were injured in a car accident, you are most likely wondering what you can be compensated for due to your injury. You are likely eligible for more money than just what your car repair costs. There are a number of different types of damages that you can seek out after you have been involved in a car accident.


If you were injured in a car accident, the first thing you should do is have a thorough medical examination. Even if there are no visible injuries, you could be injured in a way that manifests down the road or in a less obvious way, like a brain injury. It is important to do this so that you can seek medical damages for your injuries. Medical damages include payment for things such as ambulance rides, therapy, in-home services, crutches, and general medical care. You need to have documented proof by a medical professional of your injuries in order to get properly compensated. 

Pain and Suffering

Pain and suffering includes things like emotional stress, psychological damage, anxiety, stress, or significant pain that will impact your daily life going forward. Pain and suffering can also include loss of enjoyment of life, which can be used if your injury impacted you in such a way that you do not enjoy living as much as you did before the accident, such as if you were left partially paralyzed. You will have to be able to prove your pain and suffering, and this can be done in part by keeping a daily journal of your feelings. 

Lost Wages 

If you were severely injured in your car accident, chances are that you had to miss work for some period of time due to your injuries. You might also have to find a completely new job due to your injuries depending on the requirements of your current job. When you seek out damages for lost wages, you need to be able to prove that your injuries prevented you from working in the same capacity that you worked before the accident. If you are seeking lost wages for the future, you also need to prove that the injury will prevent you from earning as much money as you earned before. 

If you were injured in a car accident and the other party's insurance agency isn't cooperating with you, you should contact an accident lawyer in your area. Your lawyer will be able to help you get all the damages that you deserve. visit a site like http://daglawteam.com for more information.